Diversity & Inclusion
The first line of the GAA Official Guide spells out how the GAA reaches into every corner of Ireland and many communities around the globe. In doing this, the GAA is fully committed to the principles of inclusion and diversity at all levels. Our aim as a sporting organisation is to offer an inclusive, diverse, and welcoming environment for everyone. Real inclusion reflects diversity, i.e. it aims to offer that sense of belonging to everyone, irrespective of gender, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, or minority community and/or disability.
Inclusive GAA Clubs
- Wheelchair Hurling/ Camogie, Football for ALL, ALL Stars Teams, Cúl Eile Camps.
- Give Respect, Get Respect program
- Intercultural initiatives
- D&I awareness workshops e.g Responding to Racism and discrimination(R2R)
- LGBT+ awareness workshops
- Resources and toolkit for Clubs
Local Sports Partnerships - LSPs
Looking for extra supports:
Inclusion Ireland www.inclusionireland.ie
TENI (Transgender Equality Network Ireland) www.teni.ie
Belong To: www.belongto.org
CARA Friend: www.cara-friend.org.uk
Rainbow Project: www.rainbow-project.org
TRUST Project- The Rights Understanding in Sports Toolkit will bridge the gap between human rights and the sports sector.
- TRUST - Sport as it Should Be is an online learning platform and multi-media resources of interest to sports stakeholders from Sports Coaches & Trainers, PE Teachers, 3rd level Educators, Club Administrators and Volunteers, and Sports-Policy Developers. Partners from Ireland, Portugal, and the Netherlands will join guests and funders, the Council of Europe and the European Union, in launching the resources on International Day of Human Rights from the Gaelic Athletic Association (GAA) headquarters in Croke Park in Ireland.
TRUST Sports Toolkit provides guidance and support to individuals and organisations. The resources can be found on the link below:
For more information please contact:
Geraldine McTavish, GAA Diversity and Inclusion Officer, email@example.com